The Internet is connecting advertisers and marketers to customers from Havana to China with text, interactive graphics, video and audio. If you’re thinking about advertising on the Internet, remember that many of the same rules that apply to other forms of advertising apply to electronic marketing. These rules and guidelines protect businesses and consumers - and help maintain the credibility of the Internet as an advertising medium. Therefore your CiberSpaces agent or CiberSpaces directly will refuse to place banners or links which offers for sale, sells or approve the following:
- Any firearms, explosives, or weapons.
- Any items that are indecent or obscene, that are hateful or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, that contain child pornography, that are otherwise pornographic in nature, or are harmful to minors.
- Any controlled substances or pharmaceuticals.
- Any dangerous items.
- Any goods or services that do not, in fact, exist.
- Any items that you do not have the legal right to sell.
- Any site which is a subURL or page that can be reached from the main page should not be listed. There may be some exceptions which will be decided on by your agent or CiberSpaces.
- The site is an affiliate site. Sites that contain affiliate links, with content provided by the associated partner, should not be listed.
- Political, hate-mongering or otherwise objectionable content
- Hidden service website, the main page will display something totally different from what you get from the links. “Cloaked Page”
- Java bomb pages. Sites that load a page or pages every time you close a page. “Mostly used in adult sites”
- Websites that automatically change or try to change the users computer settings. “Auto download, make this your home page, and dial a phone number are the most popular.”
- Be content-based, not simply a list of links or advertisements, nor can the site be centered around making money off of our Advertisers
- Promotion of illegal substances or activities such as illegal online gambling, how to build a bomb, counterfeiting money, etc.
- Advertisements cannot mislead the user. For example, they may not mimic or resemble Windows/Mac/Unix dialogue boxes, error messages, or the like.
- Some sites on our system do not accept travel services or agents using partnered, affiliated, authorized agent or pay for usage booking services. These sites will appear as such and all banners contravening this requirement will be systematically disapproved.
- Hate, Illegal, Pornographic and Violent sites which advocate violence or illegal acts against a person or group of people will not be listed. Sites that contain pornographic text or images will not be approved. This includes sites that contain links to sites with such material via text links or banners.
Abide by all rules associated with advertisers and:
Ensure Banners must be standard CiberSpaces pixels in dimension. JPEGs, GIFs and animated GIFs are allowed.
Ensure that Sellers are responsible for claims they make about their products and services. Our affiliate Advertising agencies or website designers are responsible for reviewing the information used to substantiate ad claims and not contravene our advertising rules. The affiliate agrees not to place objectionable materials on our websites which would revoke their affiliation as determined by CiberSpaces. Affiliate will only run approved banners and text in their advertising of our programs, unless expressly approved in writing from CiberSpaces. Violation of this forfeits your commissions. Affiliate WILL NOT spam or send unsolicited email mentioning or promoting the Affiliate programs. Any violation of this will result in the Affiliate being liable for damages and immediate rupture of affiliate license.